Welcome to the Australia China Friendship Society (ACFS) in Queensland
The aim of our society is to promote friendship and understanding between the peoples of Australia and China.
Our activities include:
- Public Information & discussion forums
- Specialist Tours to China
- Sharing experience and knowledge of China
- Social activities & networking
- Facilitating learning of Chinese language in Australia, and teaching English in China
- Meeting Chinese delegations and visitors
- Cooperating with other organisations
- Fostering contacts between China and Australia
This website will give you a short background to our ACFS. We have included some details of an exciting specialist ACFS tour later in September 2015 – a study tour to look at the environmental advances being made in a range of areas in China. The date for expressions of interest to join this tour is February 20.
Also see a brief history of the ACFS. Having been established in 1952, our society has for over six decades promoted a better understanding of Chinese affairs, as well as building many links with our friends in China. The Society played an important role leading up to the establishment of diplomatic relations between our two countries in 1972.
I urge you to consider joining the ACFS – we welcome all new members and trust that you can further your interest in China by joining together with other ACFS friends.
Australia China Friendship Society Qld