ACFS Port Logistics (ACFS) was founded by Terry and Arthur Tzaneros in December 2005, with the vision to create one of Australia’s premier transport, warehousing and freight logistics companies. Since its inception, the company has built a strong customer base consisting of some of Australia’s largest blue chip Importers and Exporters allowing ACFS to expand into New Zealand.
- Dec 2005: ACFS Port Logistics (ACFS) was founded.
- ACFS Sydney Branch opened
- Introduced Paperless WMS (Warehouse Management system)
- Acquired Freight Central (LCL cartage, sea and air)
- ACFS and Patrick merge in 50/50 JV. The JV merged number 2 & 3 in volumes, to be number 1
- Development of Brisbane supersite circa 10HA
- ACFS commences Operations in Perth
- ACFS fully privatised, with 100% ownership back to Tzaneros Family due to Asciano sale
- Tzaneros entities acquire all landside logistics properties of Patrick
- Awarded additional land at Fremantle Port . 2.8ha, area N52J
- Melb on Port Warehouse lease. 28,000sqm. This facility will go from a lease to an asset in FY18
- Acquisition of national 3PL company GML rebranded ACFS e-Solutions
- Acquisition of Kerry Logistics Adelaide. (Empty Park), and secured key facility lease
- St Marys Rail Intermodal Terminal agreement (10ha)
- Consolidation of VIC Property leases, and commence development
- Completed development of 5.6HA Area D – Fremantle Port
- Open Empty Depot on Linx (Brookfield) facility at Enfield in August 2018
- Proposed – VICT Terminal - Empty container depot and Exclusive rail provider
- Execution of the Container Yard extension - Phase 1 and Phase 2 - of the Brisbane facility
- Grand opening of the Web Dock, Melbourne multi-purpose Container Yard located beside VIC
- ACFS opens new warehouse in Derrimut, Melbourne with the capacity of 25,000 pallets
- ACFS expands to New Zealand, Auckland and the Otahuhu Warehouse with a capacity of 30,000 pallets
- ACFS have introduced the A-Double Tautliner solution across each capital city on the East Coast.
- ACFS Port Brisbane constructed a 10,000sqm extension of the Warehouse with an additional capacity of 13,150 pallet spaces.
- ACFS Port Brisbane constructed a 18,000sqm extension to the Container Yard adjacent to the Warehouse extension
Terry and Arthur Tzaneros
of fully laden imports and exports containers handled annually
largest privately owned
Container Logistics operator
ACFS’s Port Logistics activities are underpinned by extensive knowledge and experience across the transport, warehousing, rail and logistics sectors. This has helped build a comprehensive portfolio of facilities and clientele in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Auckland. Our facilities are strategically located in port locations to maximise quick and efficient utilisation of the wharf, whereas the inland based facilities in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth compliment the diverse clientele base across the metropolitan areas.
ACFS is committed to growing with clients needs and providing a full “Port to Final-Mile” container freight logistic service. This end-to-end solution encompases wharf cartage, transport (FCL, FTL, LCL), fully laden storage depots, rail intermodal terminals, 3PL warehouses and empty container yards to maximise an efficient freight movement providing the most cost effective logistics solution.
In addition to our comprehensive service offering, ACFS jointly partners with other large service providers such as Pacific National, LINX, SCT, Tyne and key global shipping companies. Through this combined offering, the mentioned partners provide customers and shipping lines a seamless end to end service.
Managing Director & CEO
Group Chief Financial Officer
Chief Operations Officer
Chief Commercial Officer
General Manager – Strategy & Developments
General Manager Port Logistics (Transport, Rail and Depots)